Who Does No Work, Shall Not Eat

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon Jan 21 09:35:11 PST 2002

Brad DeLong wrote:
>> thats an interesting point too, isnt it? i think the biologist
>> lewontin has a piece where he traces lots of advances in public health
>> to such thing as sanitation and sewage systems rather than advances in
>> western medicine.
>
> If Lewontin thinks that sewage, sanitation, and the rest of public
> health are not part of "western medicine," then he is one whacked-out
> dude indeed...

first, before we start bad-mouthing poor prof. lewontin, let me say that the above is my no doubt flawed recollection of his writings, so if you need to call someone names, aim your invectives at me! ;-)

i think you are off on a tangent here. i can agree with you that sewage etc are a *part of* "western medicine" and avoid the deviation.

--ravi