Carmen Electra with the troops

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Tue Jan 22 03:49:51 PST 2002

I've become a bit obsessed with the Talk mag images of Carmen Electra on an M-1 Abrams surrounded by grunts in Fritz helmets. This cheap USO spoof is emblematic of the easy slide of US popular culture into a one-dimensional blend of shopping, entertainment, junk food, sex, and warmongering. That photo shoot gives me flashbacks of Verhoeven's prophetic film Starship Troopers. As we don't get Talk mag here - I saw the pics in the Turkish papers - I was wondering if anyone could scan a pic or two from that shoot for me, as newsprint stock doesn't do them justice?

Thanks in advance, and haha in advance for your wisecracks :-)

Hakki