Starship Troopers & left infantilism (Re: Carmen Electra with the troops

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Tue Jan 22 13:34:21 PST 2002

Hi,

Hippies???

See Below:

<<SNIP>>

Heinlein's books:

> ranging from
> his neo-fascism of Starship Troopers to his McCarthyite
> Puppetmasters to his
> oddly egalitarian/stone-racist Freedom's Farmhold to his
> hippie Stranger in a
> Strange Land to his libertarian Time Enough for Love.

<<SNIP>>

Heinlein did not write Stranger in a Strange Land to appeal to hippies. It was gnostic not guruistic. I once had the fun experience of having dinner with Arthur C. Clarke. He regailed us about how Heinlein loathed hippies. They kept tracking him down and ringing his doorbell. He was horrified. He finally put up a fence with a gate lock. Heinlein apparently did take his political ideology seriously, and thought hippies were drugged up idiots.

:-)

-Chip Berlet

See, for fun:

http://www.kitchenmedialab.org/download/reader2/californianideology. doc