Rappers Show the Flag (And Rock)

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 22 13:24:32 PST 2002

Re: Revolution Rock, it's a brand new rock...The Clash on Sandanista, 1979.

Cian O'Connor,"Was it ever more than a pose?"

"Up Against the Wall, Motherfuckers, Tear Down The Wall..." Jefferson Airplane, 1969. (Used to great effect in, "The War At Home, " a documenatry on the anti-war mvmnt. at Madison, WI. shown to us at UCSC by Rob McBride back in '82. (McBride, was in Prairie Fire Organizing Committee, the above ground support group for the Weather Underground.)

"...The Revolution's Here, and you know it's Right..." Thunderclap Newman, I think, 1970, hit.

Though, one must remember slogans like the one's Tom Frank relates..."The Revolution Is On CBS Records!" "The Man Can't Steal Our Music!" Michael Pugliese