Sterling's Distraction (was re:Starship Troopers & right infantilism)

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:59:40 PST 2002

jeffrey fisher said:

>without trying to make this list an sf discussion list any more than
>it's a religious studies list, i am curious, since we're on the >topic,
>what any listmembers who've read him think of bruce sterling . . . >the
>novel "distraction", in particular.

At different turns, pessimistic and optimistic (generally ends on an optimistic note). His short stories tend to display quite a bit of cynicism re. politics and states. It's been a bit since I read any of his stuff ("Distraction" being the latest one, a few years ago), though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Todd