attn. Chip Berlet: NYTIMES goes conspiritorialist

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Jan 25 12:21:35 PST 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Chip Berlet wrote:

> If "they" are so clever, which "they" is writing the NYT editorials,
> and which "they" is shredding documents for Arthur Andersen?"

I could be wrong, but I think the joke was that the NYT editorialist seems to be assuming below that the lone gunman theory is absurd on its face and everybody knows it. Which is something that only conspiratorialists believe, no? I'm sure it was an unintentional bit of metaphor slip but it's still a little amusing.

> > From 25/01/02 Editorial:
> >
> > "It would certainly make life easier for Arthur Andersen if the world
> > accepted its story, the accounting industry version of the
> > lone-gunman theory."

Michael