slogans

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Jan 29 17:33:38 PST 2002

Ian Murray wrote:

> How do you have any idea as to what tactics groups may decide to
> use on their own simply following your 'do your own thing' model
> coupled with a 'more radical than the black bloc' attitude? How
> would you stop it, or would you call on the State to arrest them?
> Are anarchists better at predicting the future than economists and
> all the other faux pundits or am I missing something? These are
> questions that aren't going to go away when the movement gets
> bigger and anonymity facilitates the jerk factor emerging, so
> that's why I'm asking them now.

I'm not really arguing a "do your own thing" model. Even the black bloc involves planning meetings and dialogue with other groups. During actions black blocs have consulted with other groups, to make sure that no toes were stepped on.

I think the important thing for any group or element at a protest is to communicate and cooperate with other groups and people. This is where solidarity begins, with basic communication and cooperation.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).