slogans

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Tue Jan 29 16:01:08 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Munson" <chuck at tao.ca>

Ian Murray wrote:

> In other words you reserve the right to use the slogans and
tactics
> others think would be counterproductive.

Of course. It's not like we don't think that they are using tactics that are counterproductive.

===============

When has refraining from PD and exercising non-violence been counterproductive?

This is a binary argument. In reality, activists use a variety of techniques and tactics, even the so-called "violent" ones.

===============

Yeah, and when a majority thinks some of the techniques are counterproductive in terms of growing a movement and doing outreach to other workers-citizens; you defend the right of the minority to do it's own thing. How is that different from the arguments capitalists put forward for demanding that majorities respect their right to do whatever they want and not be held accountable for what others see as counterproductive and destructive? You still haven't answered Nathan's question.

> What happens when a secret bloc within the black bloc forms that
> decides on using guns and bombs because they no longer get off on
> spray paint and rocks through windows?

I dunno, they go to jail for being stupid morons?

I'm sorry, but participating in the black bloc is not an entry drug that leads to the Weather Underground or the SLA.

<< Chuck0 >>

How do you have any idea as to what tactics groups may decide to use on their own simply following your 'do your own thing' model coupled with a 'more radical than the black bloc' attitude? How would you stop it, or would you call on the State to arrest them? Are anarchists better at predicting the future than economists and all the other faux pundits or am I missing something? These are questions that aren't going to go away when the movement gets bigger and anonymity facilitates the jerk factor emerging, so that's why I'm asking them now.

Ian