slogans

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Mon Jan 28 22:12:46 PST 2002

Ian Murray wrote:

> In other words you reserve the right to use the slogans and tactics
> others think would be counterproductive.

Of course. It's not like we don't think that they are using tactics that are counterproductive.

This is a binary argument. In reality, activists use a variety of techniques and tactics, even the so-called "violent" ones.

> What happens when a secret bloc within the black bloc forms that
> decides on using guns and bombs because they no longer get off on
> spray paint and rocks through windows?

I dunno, they go to jail for being stupid morons?

I'm sorry, but participating in the black bloc is not an entry drug that leads to the Weather Underground or the SLA.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).