In the interest of moving us closer to an ideal speech situation...

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 29 20:20:44 PST 2002

I am running two workshop sessions at the World Economic Forum. The first is a discussion of just why it was that this most recent recession caught everybody (or everybody except those who had been unsuccessfully predicting a recession every year since 1995) by surprise. The second is a discussion of the future of the mixed economy--more specifically, what will the shape of business-government relations be in the approaching post-neoliberal age.

I've put my own (very brief) notes on these questions up on the web at <http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/TotW/recession_surprise.html> and at <http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/TotW/business_and_government.html>. Anyone who has anything to say--or anything that they think should be said--is welcome to add their comments to those web pages...

Brad DeLong