Cooper on KPFK

rhisiart at earthlink.net rhisiart at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 11:21:54 PST 2002

At 09:05 AM 1/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>rhisiart at earthlink.net wrote:
>
>>doug: do you believe you are informed enough about the troubles at
>>Pacifica to run an entire article by Cooper without comment? you may
>>have been talking to him for four years but have you talked to anyone else?
>
>Hey, I only know what I hear from having been around WBAI for over 10
>years; having talked extensively with the late program director, Samori
>Marksman; from having talked with WBAI colleagues; from reading nearly
>everything of significance circulated from all sides; and talking with
>other people in & around Pacifica. I know it's not much to go on, but we
>all have limitations to contend with.
>
>Doug

don't be modest about your limitations.

10 years ago was about the time the pacifica mess started. so you know nothing about pacifica before then? since i'm not familiar with WBAI, and Samori Marksman, i have to assume you don't know much about what pacifica was like 15 or 20 years ago.

i've been a KPFK listener since the station started. i heard KPFA when i was a college student in the Bay Area and thought how wonderful it would be to have a station like this in L A. and there was KPFK when i came home on break.

the programming coming out of KPFK for the last five years is the worst in its history, bar none, and getting even worse until the new board took charge. the programming from the Texas station was largely country and western; the programming from the Washington, DC, station was largely jazz, with no local news broadcasts in our nation's capital. these two stations were the old board's role models for WBAI and KPFK. this is what cooper, and evidently you, think pacifica should be? not even cooper has a place in these formats.

giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding reading "nearly everything of significance circulated from all sides," etc., it's amazing the only posting you made was of marc cooper not telling the truth. what is the other side to what cooper is saying? am i the only one in or out of pacifica saying that cooper is a liar? not by a long shot. talk to me Mr. Limited.

R -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020130/22528b9c/attachment.htm>