Betty Bowers' State of the Union

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 31 02:35:35 PST 2002

NN:
>Why is that so strange-- on a >day when planes were smashed >into towers
and
>thousands died, even as the >military might of the US was >useless in
stopping
>it, a few folks on one plane took >on the killers and stopped them, >even
though they knew they >would not live themselves. In a >leadup talking about
>self-sacrifice, that was hardly >strange to evoke the slogan of >those on
the
>Pennsylvania plane who >stopped the terrorists.

Why does it sound strange? Because coming in scripted form from someone like that it profanes their memory?

Let's roll. Hmmm....basically two syllables, some sibilance....I know: Sieg Heil! Let's roll!

Iran, Iraq, N. Korea--anyone who develops weapons of mass destruction ('cept us an a hanful of key allies a course)--let's roll!

Charles Jannuzi