Why We Are Not Making Demands of the World Economic Forum

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Jan 31 19:16:36 PST 2002

> WHY WE ARE NOT MAKING DEMANDS OF THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
>
> Anti-Capitalist Convergence - New York City

> http://www.accnyc.org/issues_wefdemands.html

Great statement. And so far, it's been a pretty great protest, considering the obstacles. I think the effect of all the terrible advance scare talk, followed by cute and articulate and rather nice protesters who don't correspond at all to that imagery, is to make the protestors look intriguing and appealing and intelligent and to make the hysteria-mongers look ignorant and hysterical. And to get lots of TV coverage for their message, all on message. Not a bad bit of judo at all -- it's like winning with a bluff.

Michael