Why We Are Not Making Demands of the World Economic Forum

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Thu Jan 31 20:28:23 PST 2002

Michael Pollak wrote:

> > WHY WE ARE NOT MAKING DEMANDS OF THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
> >
> > Anti-Capitalist Convergence - New York City
>
> > http://www.accnyc.org/issues_wefdemands.html
>
> Great statement. And so far, it's been a pretty great protest,
> considering the obstacles. I think the effect of all the terrible advance
> scare talk, followed by cute and articulate and rather nice protesters who
> don't correspond at all to that imagery, is to make the protestors look
> intriguing and appealing and intelligent and to make the hysteria-mongers
> look ignorant and hysterical. And to get lots of TV coverage for their
> message, all on message. Not a bad bit of judo at all -- it's like
> winning with a bluff.

I like it and I didn't know about it until I followed a link from the Yahoo coverage page to the ACC NYC website. Nice touch.

I hear from friends that Manhattan has been turned into a militarized police state. A small group of undercover cops pulled over a group of my comrades and tried to search them.

Looking forward to the day when 100,000 people descend on NYC to say nyet to capitalism.

Don you think Bono will sneak some food out of the Waldorf?

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"Chuck Munson isn't like other protestors."

-- CTV