Flag Waving

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Tue Jul 2 13:04:29 PDT 2002

> Chuck Munson wrote:
>
> >This is complete bullshit! This is what people want to say to pollsters,
> >but it doesn't reflect reality. I've been observing these behaviors since
> >9-11 and I would argue that a minority of people fly the flag from their
> >car or from their home.
>
> Where you been? In my parents' neighborhood in suburban NJ, theirs is
> about the only house without flags. Many lawns are festooned with
> multiple flags even. Most apartment bldgs in nonpoor neighborhoods of
> Manhattan have flags displayed - a real shocker, in this hotbed of
> secular humanism.
>
> Doug

Most houses & cars I've seen in the past couple of months haven't had flags or other patriotic stuff on them. I'd guess that about 1/4th of people have kept the fascist stuff up around here, not counting stuff put up by the local government (which is a lot).

-- Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchyfaq.org

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied today, then every Post-War American president would have to be hanged." - Noam Chomsky