cops

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Tue Jul 2 13:48:14 PDT 2002

At 04:45 PM 07/01/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>"Cops are, like scabs, traitors to the class"
>
>true, and that's why when people are robbed, attacked, raped, etc, they
>usually call an academic , a theoretician, or some other faithful member
>of "the class"

Hey, the best pot I bought in the last twenty-five years was from the Monterey sheriffs! Ordinary people can't to do this, but I was a state park ranger at the time and they were lecturing us on drug busts...so it all worked out fine.

But seriously folks, it's quite important to know where one stands with cops. This varies widely with race/class. Twenty years ago, I was trained by cops of various hues (sheriff, highway patrol, fbi, etc) in state park ranger school. Here's what I learned from that experience:

1. FBI sharp shooters are amazingly good.

2. Cops (every kind of cop) divide the world in two camps: cops and noncops. The non-cops are further divided into white and non-white; however the first division is much more important. They do this, because when you strap on a gun, you become a walking target and, for survival's sake, you must do this.

3. Cops have absolute discretion: they can let you go for grievous things, or haul you in for nothing. When dealing with a cop, you should be as still and polite as you possibly can. You can get away with yelling at them if you're white: my ex husband used to go ballistic whenever he dealth with a cop; this gave me a heart attack, but so far, he's gotten away with it. If you're not white, I seriously urge you not to try it. Minority cops are not necessarily "easier" on minorities than white cops; in fact, sometimes they are worse.

4. In the event of a revolution, cops are the last to switch sides. You'll probably get the army on your side before you get the cops.

5. If you're robbed, attacked, or raped -- sure, call a cop. You'll need one to fill out a police report which is useful for insurance companies.

That's all, ....and be careful out there:)

Joanna