cops

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 11:38:36 PDT 2002

Exactly....don't get me wrong I am not advocating renegade cops, but I am equally skeptical of the "system" particularly under a three-strike law.

I remember having a conversation over beers with a detective back in my college days as he lamented the change in the way things were done. You see, it seems that when young punks like I was stepped out of line in the old days, they got whacked around pretty good by the cops and sent home with the bruises. Nowadays the cops would arrest them. Part of me likes the first way better (assuming real guilt, of course) -- no police record and all

sorry about the email program