Centralization

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Fri Jul 5 04:29:38 PDT 2002

And why is no system capable of overcoming that? Germany used to be underdeveloped compared to England but eventually caught up, why can't Russia?

- -- Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchyfaq.org ---------------- I suppose it's conceivable that some form of anarchism/fascism/social democracy/Stalinism/liberal democracy/whatever could do so, I mean, it's not logically impossible. After all, the USSR did have what Russian business magazine Kommersant called "boggles-the-mind growth rates" under Stalin (at an enormous cost of course). I just have problems imagining closing a gap that enormous, especially assuming the West continues to grow at the same time. Even though Russia is growing rather impressively right now, I don't think it'll reach Western levels for decades, at least, if ever.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal