Russian philosophy

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Fri Jul 5 05:59:03 PDT 2002

Justin: I don't know Russian and no one would mistake me for an expert in "Rusian philosophy" outsider of a knowledge of the Russian --------- Not many people in the West know this, but classical Russian philosophy, Berdyayev, Rozanov, Solovyov, those guys, is pretty interesting. Heavy influece of German Idealism. Rozanov shares some parallels with Nietzsche, and is famous for once having said, "A hundred-year-old tree is worth more than any famous human life, and I refuse to cut them down to pay for treatment for the peasants' cholera!"

Chris Doss The Russia Journal