no accounting for taste

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 5 14:35:23 PDT 2002

[from Jim Romenesko's Media News]

Denver Post editor works on weekends to run Dowd before the Rocky <http://www.westword.com/issues/2002-07-04/message.html/1/index.html>

Michael Roberts says the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News often run identical columns by New York Times pundits on the same day. However, Post editorial-page editor Sue O'Brien works extra hard to get Maureen Dowd's column in the paper first. "Dowd's column moves over the wire late in the day on Saturday, but neither the Post nor the Rocky editorial staffs work on the weekend -- which is why we both used to publish her on Tuesday," says O'Brien. "So I started coming in Sunday night and putting Dowd on our Monday page." (Westword)