"Punishment"? Re: Centralization

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Fri Jul 5 21:13:08 PDT 2002

>I don't believe that people will act in any particular way without
>institutional incentives and disincentives to encourage the behavior in
>question.

Could you define "incentive"?

> This is supported
> by the data from actually existing coops--which, by the way, are no less
> profitable than capitalist enterprises.

In many cases they're actually better at production then capitalist enterprises. Centralized planning reproduces the corporation on a grand scale - the same basic command and control systems exists (just rename the board of directors the supreme economic council), as does wage-labor.

-- Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchyfaq.org

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied today, then every Post-War American president would have to be hanged." - Noam Chomsky