Blood and Soil (Nazi "Greens")Primates hunting

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Mon Jul 8 09:06:48 PDT 2002

i think humans are no more biologically adapted to eating meat than chimps. "eating patterns" is then a question of what's available. that is a circular argument in terms of present meat production, which consumes significantly greater resources than (non-livestock) agriculture.

in any event, my only argument is that saying, "most animals eat meat, therefore meat-eating is right and proper and [worse] 'natural'" is a spurious argument. this is particularly true in terms of biology/ethology if you compare humans to other primates, but in the end the moral arguments remain qualitatively different from humans to pretty much any other known animal for the simple reason that humans are capable of higher moral thinking--even if some of us choose not to exercise it.