Globalization study: Less poverty, more equality

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 12:21:45 PDT 2002

> Kevin Robert Dean wrote:
>

> >That's enough to condemn it...I didn't think the
> WTO
> >existed in 1992
>
> And what impact do you think the WTO has had on
> income distribution?
> It's made very few decisions of any consequence so
> far.
>
> From my reading of the data, it's hard to say that
> globalization has
> increased inequality in any unambiguous way -
> assuming you can even
> specify what "globalization" is.
>
> Doug

Fair enough--so what do you think the apologists mean when they say "Globalization"? I'm sure they simply mean some sort of trade liberalization--if that's the case, can we talk about any specific date that it happened and work our way from there?

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 AIM: KDean75206 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net http://www.yaysoft.com