Yet another exploding anti-Semitic sign

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 9 05:36:59 PDT 2002

I may not be in Russia, but I still read the news!

Another anti-Semitic sign explodes

One person was injured in an explosion while trying to remove an anti-Semitic sign in the Tomsk region. According to the Interior Department of the Tomsk region, the explosion was reported at 12:25 local time. Police investigators have established that the sign had been placed on the side of a road about 14 km from Tomsk.

The head of the local Road Construction and Repair Department stopped his car and, together with his driver, tried to tear it down. At that moment, the poster exploded, wounding the driver. According to preliminary information, this was a small explosive device packed with nails. A similar incident took place on the Kievskoye highway on May 27, 2002, when Tatyana Sapunova, a 27-year-old Muscovite, was severely wounded while trying to take down an anti-Semitic poster.

The Israeli authorities offered to pay for her treatment in Israel, and the offer was accepted. For her courage and civic concern, Ms. Sapunova was awarded the Order “For Courage”. A series of similar incidents has been reported in a number of regions since that time. They followed the same pattern: an anti-Semitic poster placed on the side of a road and a dummy explosive device planted nearby. /RosBusinessConsulting/