Grape Ape

Alec Ramsdell aramsdell at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 08:11:08 PDT 2002

Dennis Robert Redmond wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Alec Ramsdell wrote:
>
> > Speaking of which, where is it Adorno writes about
> > zoos?
>
> I'm away from my Adorno texts, so I'm not sure about
> this, but I think he
> says something in Min Mor about the sadness in the
> faces of apes, as if in
> sorrow that they're not human.

Hmm, the passage I'm thinking of is, as I recall, a reading of zoos as such, without considering specific animals. I'll try to find it or something about it online.

Alec

Everyday SOS: "Each thought is a force-field, and just as the truth-content of a judgement cannot be divorced from its execution, the only true ideas are those which transcend their own thesis. Since they have to dissolve petrified views of objects, the mental precipitate of social ossification, the form of reification which lies in a thought's being held as a firm possession opposes its own meaning." (T.A. from Messages in a Bottle VIII)