Asiazilla

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Sat Jul 13 09:20:12 PDT 2002

Korea is shaky (though liberalized--sold off-- enough to keep western financial and business interests happy for a couple years), Japan depends now on a yen staying below 125 (last time I looked it was pushing toward 115), and the US is moving toward ever more protectionism. One good thing is the ASEAN plus 3 have set up a system of currency swaps that will help foil the currency speculators the next time an economic/financial crisis strikes. If the Europeans put a stop to the US at the IMF and WTO, and if they put a stop to Bush's latest futurist venture--invade Iraq, then I'll believe you Dennis.

What if these economies can do better simply because they do not stop the US moves through IMF and attack on Iraq. Seems to me that the US actions could to to the US what WWII did to Europe, Japan and Soviets, and war in Afghanistan did to FSU. If nothing else Bush is weakening US by all the bribery he needs to do to get countries to go along with his plans. Uh, what's up with France?