Cuba/Re: why the left is so hopeless in AmeriKKKa

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 13 09:39:23 PDT 2002

Oy vey!

Yes, that malevolent photograph of cuddly Uncle Joe Stalin, I have next to Che and Marilyn Monroe by Andy Warhol on the fridge, has so warped my soul that I've founded that US-Haitian Duvallier Friendship Society!

I did say, restoral of a modicum of democracy, no?

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/history/recent/lebrun.htm Subject: Aristide's Famous "Pe Lebrun" Speech

From: The Democratic Forum on Haiti

President Aristide's Speech Friday September 27, 1991 Translated by Haiti Observateur

Tutu, Mandela et. al condemned necklacing w/burning tires in SA.

On Cuban censorship see J26 supporter appointed to Cuban Kultur Ministry in the 60's memoir by Carlos Franqui, "Family Portrait With Fidel."

Cannot one like Sam Farber, in New Politics, say that Cuban life expectancy and other social indicators co-exist with a stagnant/repressive polity and suppression of civil society? New Politics is a leftist journal, no? ;-) http://www.wpunj.edu/newpol/issue19/farber19.htm Cuba: The One-Party State Continues Samuel Farber

[from New Politics, vol. 5, no. 3 (new series), whole no. 19, Summer 1995]

Samuel Farber was born and grew up in Cuba. He is the author of Revolution and Reaction in Cuba 1933-1960 (Wesleyan University Press, 1976) and numerous articles dealing with that country. He teaches political science at Brooklyn College and is a member of the editorial board of Against the Current. http://csf.colorado.edu/pen-l/2001II/msg04106.html

Michael Pugliese