slightly mad letter

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Sat Jul 13 12:09:51 PDT 2002

Thought of sending the following slightly mad letter to the San Francisco Chronicle:

Letters to the Editor:

I think Homeland Security is a splendid idea! By all means, let's dismantle all U.S. bases abroad and bring the soldiers home. This would save $____________ , which makes up ________% of our defense spending.

Goodness knows, we'll need the bodies and the money to rebuild our country's infrastructure during the upcoming depression.

Optimistically Yours,

Joanna Bujes Oakland, CA.

__________________________ Can any of you ex military/economist guys help me with the #s? And of course, if additional wit is needed, all suggestions are welcomed. And, of course, plagiarize this to your heart's content. (OK, I was smoking, but hey, it's not bad, huh?)

Joanna