anti-stalinism

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Sat Jul 13 12:21:39 PDT 2002

At 11:42 AM 07/13/2002 -0400, Michael Pugliese wrote:
>Sad that Frank asnd Joanna suffer under the
>illusion that left anti-Stalinism is a clever ruse of the Kapitalist
>Empire.

No, I don't think that anti-Stalinism is a clever ruse of the Kapitalist empire.

I used to belong to an trotskyist group for about a year, led by various exiles from Argentina, and it was a sad affair. The fact that it was "trotskyist" didn't make it a whit better. They published a boring, predictable, badly-written paper using a vocabulary that was fresh a hundred years ago and spent a lot of time quoting Marx back and forth -- like scripture -- and reacted to my criticisms and questions by totally ignoring me. It's not the label that matters, it's the practice.

Now, as to your practice, I have mentioned before that I am completely irritated by the fact that you live in the margins of your URL lists. I don't know who you are or what you think...and when you do say something, like comparing Haiti to Cuba (to the detriment of Cuba?) I feel like I really, really don't know who you are. The commentary you do bring has to do with inside knowledge of people and parties and events that are obscure to me, so I can't really converse there either.

Do I think Cuba should be more democratic? sure. Do I think the U.S. should be more democratic? sure.

Now where do we go next?

Joanna