Tight-Lipped Old Hands

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 06:38:44 PDT 2002

I ask this out of authentic curiosity and NOT accusitorily....

But, why should b-school manager types apply different inputs into their cost-benefit analyses (read: more human and humane inputs)? If you are willing to act anti-human to preserve your job, isn't it thereby justifiable for the b-schooler to do the same?

Aren't you setting back "the revolution" by stabilizing the system? Were you and every expereinced worker summarily replaced by some newbie, then the system would collpse of its own weight sooner.

As a lawyer in a soon-to-be mega-firm, I will walk out the door before I stop helping people -- even though helping people isn't always the smart career play.

peace