URPE Summer Conference

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 16 08:10:32 PDT 2002

The URPE confeence I went to at UCB in '82 or so was great. Daniel Ellsberg, Harry Britt esp. Good debate between Irwin Silber of Line of March and others on the USSR.

Had to giggle at this bad spelling which tells a certain truth ;-) Media Benjamin. It's Medea! Other activists in the San Francisco Progressive Alliance I've been an occasional participant in (mostly CofC/CCDS folks, union activists, Green Party and left Democrats) are still pissed at Medea for running against a Labor backed candidate for the Public Power Board, sdplitting the progressive bloc vote, that lost by a slim margin. She had previously promised in public meetings not to run.

Fred Gaboury and Art Perlo? First time I've seen the CPUSA be at a URPE event. http://www.cpusa.org/article/author/view/73 If you want to be rude, ask Art if he thinks his late Dad, Victor, really did pass info to the USSR as part of the Ware group at the AAA. Harold Ware was the son on of a major CPUSA figure. http://www.republicusa.org/research/unfiles/communist_godfathers.html http://home.att.net/~dericker/Errors/Best_the_Brightest.html http://www.mountnixon.com/alger.html http://homepages.nyu.edu/~th15/navasky.html http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1997/vo13no02/vo13no02_lake.htm http://members.iglou.com/jtmajor/HaunWood.htm THE HAUNTED WOOD: Soviet Espionage in America The Stalin Era Left-liberal historian on the same, http://www.ivanrdee.com/spTheoharis_Chasing.html

Michael Pugliese, tongue partly in cheek