Tight-Lipped Old Hands

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Jul 17 07:30:01 PDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 at 5:49pm Ian Murray wrote:

> Lost packages cost FedEX millions a year, and that's not
> counting litigation over the contents of the data in the
> packages which effects other firm's bottom lines. When I
> left in June 2000, the company was still putting out
> notices looking for a package shipped by GM in the late
> 1980's that was worth *a lot* of $. And the thing
> weighed less than 8 ounces.

What litigation? The forms I use with FedEX expressly limit their liability to what, $100?, unless you declare a higher value and pay for insurance.

(My favorite FedEX lost package story happened in the mid-90s. I shipped a cable assembly for a VAX worksation to our office in Germany from Houston. They lost it. I sent another which made it there. About 8 mos later this tattered and many labled box appears in my office. It was the lost cable, which had made it to Germany, but not through customs. Then it went to Panama and Venezuela. It also visited Seattle, and New Mexico and Dog knows where while strolling around the western hemisphere.)

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home