stock market facts

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Mon Jul 22 20:19:35 PDT 2002

> The bull market was a big political, social, and cultural phenomenon.
> The bear market probably will be too. WITBD?
>
> Doug

Policy prescriptions? Direct Actions?

You know my vote on the latter which entails a robust and plausible cluster of the former in order to be effective.

As for the former apart from the latter, how do we get the ideas of Nancy Folbre, Holly Sklar, Juliet Schor and other feminist economists/public policy scholars greater public hearing? It seems the era of Larry Lindsey's and Robert Barro's is f*****g over. Capital's protection racket - I mean regulatory regime - hogged all the infantile attention Congress could muster over the last 20 years. It's time for a social safety net for the rest of us.

Stopping the attack on Iraq gets my vote for FP action number one.

Ian