stock market facts

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 23 10:30:12 PDT 2002

>From: "Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org>
>
> >From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>
> >
> >What's the problem? The way to build the Left is to be out there
>fighting
> >for the people suffering-- demanding protection of pensions, organizing
>for
> >corporate oversight, putting the stake in deregulation, and pushing for
> >health care for those suffering under the insane costs.
> >
> >Many activists are doing all these things.
> >
> >-- Nathan Newman
>
>-Hmm, I see no evidence "all these things" are crystallizing mass awareness
>-in any way that would lead to real social transformation rather than
>-picayune, piecemeal reform.
>

>Four months into scandals and you expect fullscale tranformation of
>consciousness? What is this-- instant gratification revolution?

I'd say citing "four months into scandals" is to apply the wrong baseline. And it's not just that Exhibit A, the Enron scandal, broke into full view last year. What matters to me is that we're *one full generation* into the Reagan Revolution. It's high time The People had all the rightwing shibboleths flushed out of their craniums.

Carl