tomatoes / chalupas up .034 cents ?

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Jul 23 18:53:18 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/23/02 7:12:45 PM, owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com writes:

>>Of course, setting wage rates this way would translate into high prices for
>>those things most difficult and nasty to produce, making the price of
>>cane sugar high and legal briefs low.
>>
>>Jenny Brown
>
>Ever tried to produce a legal brief, Jenny? jks, esq.

I put that there just for you : ) The point is that work that has its own rewards we will do--even happily--without the incentive of high pay. Can't pay Einstein or Kunstler what they're worth so just make sure they have enough to do their thing. (And yes, I have, as a layperson working with lawyers to get the law/politics right. Preferred it to housepainting.)

JB, non-esq.