Tanzim intended to stop terrorism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 25 15:53:40 PDT 2002

Bryan Atinsky wrote:

>Actually, in this regard, I agree with Zizek in his interview with
>you, when he says that "I don't think that merely 'knowing the
>facts' can really change people's perceptions."

I was thinking just that as I was reading the paragraphs before that. It sounded like you were describing some of the foundational bedrock collective fantasies of Israeli society and normal rational argument can't address. As for what could, I'm guessing that SZ would say something like traverse the fantasy, but he's kind of sparse on the mechanics of that.

Doug