catholics (wasRe: Nation Books vs. Nation magazine

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 26 10:36:01 PDT 2002

Peter K., Gary Wills has a new book, "Why I Am A Catholic." Tried to lend my step-Mom, "Cry of the People, " by the late left Catholic writer, Penny Lernoux, on US imperialism, death squads and the Church. Too many grim pgs, she passed.

Last week I was in the 'burbs of L.A. for my Dad's re-committment ceremony to my step-Mom. He was married to my Mom for 23 yrs, D-I-V-O-R-C-E was in '79. In order to be in heaven with my step-Mom he just got the 1st marriage annuled. The Church has a set of 33 questions as part of the process. It only cost $450. Michael Pugliese P.S. Carter's grain embargo was 'cuz of the Soviet intervention in Afghanistan, US also withdrew the Olympic teams to the Moscow Olympics in '80. P.P.S. Gary Wills interviewed Ross Perot once. Perot called him a pointy-headed, egg head, East Coast elitest intellectual. Wills said I teach in the mid-West. Somewhere in Illinois I think.