Robert Rubin, invisible man

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:46:01 PDT 2002

>From: Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com>
>
>``..If he did, he sure wasn't successful, was he? As I remember,
>Enron's rating quickly went to junk and the Dynegy deal accordingly
>tanked...'' Michael
>
>``...Still, the key fact is that Rubin -- arrayed in all the glory of
>his former Cabinent status -- joined in the effort to mislead a debt
>rating agency...'' Carl

>Hey Carl, could you re-post the lawsuit link. The old archives are
>down, and I forgot the new archive url.

Here y'are: http://www.ucop.edu/news/enron/art408.htm

That's a U of Cal. site featuring a press release that gives an overview of the suit, with a link to a pdf file of the 502-page complaint. In fairness to Rubin, he appears just once in those 502 pages of mind-numbing machinations. Looking at all the work that's needed to commit massive fraud, one would almost have to think that it's easier to earn a (relatively) honest buck.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx