Israel's ailing tourism industry looks for lifeline

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Jul 27 05:51:42 PDT 2002

The Times of India

Israel's ailing tourism industry looks for lifeline

AFP FRIDAY, JULY 26, 2002

JERUSALEM: Israel's once lucrative tourism industry sent reeling by months of bloodshed has pinned its hopes on a rescue by the Jewish state's diehard supporters coming to tour the embattled nation.

"Our messages are more emotional. We say come to support us, Come to see us and to be seen," said Ari Sommer, the tourism ministry's pointman on luring visitors during what he bills as "the longest crisis ever."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow.asp?art_ID=17038048