pacifica wars...

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon Jul 29 21:27:29 PDT 2002

The deal is, as I understand it from sources close to it, that the Pacifica board negotiated the deal without a lawyer. Goodman rolled them, plain and simple. It is an insane and stupid deal.

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org http://www.nathannewman.org http://www.nathannewman.org/log/ (News & Views WebLog) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Robert Redmond" <dredmond at efn.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 11:47 PM Subject: Re: pacifica wars...

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, frank scott wrote:

> and as grateful as I am for much that amy goodman has done, still can't
> forget the wretched job she did interviewing clinton, for which she
> became a heroine among the naive and gullible...he walked all over her,
> made her seem like a monica-with-mike, and she was treated like some
> joan of arc of radio for being so courageous or something...barf...

What are you talking about? That interview rocked. It's the only, I repeat, only time I've *ever* heard Bubba Bill blow up at an interviewer. More reasons are at <http://www.efn.org/~dredmond/neolib.html>.

I'd be interested in hearing what the deal is with Goodman's $400,000 cut, though. Is this a down payment on new studio equipment? Training funds for Indymedia partisans, locking and loading flash RAM cartridges in the global info-jungles?

-- Dennis