pacifica wars...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 30 06:58:48 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

>The deal is, as I understand it from sources close to it, that the Pacifica
>board negotiated the deal without a lawyer. Goodman rolled them, plain and
>simple. It is an insane and stupid deal.

Who needs a lawyer to tell you that signing away your principal asset, giving it $400,000 of free money, total editorial control, and a donor list, while getting nothing in return but the same programming you'd been getting all along is a stupid deal?

The only silver lining is that it might dent the reputation of St Amy a bit.

Doug