pacifica wars...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 30 07:49:19 PDT 2002

Dennis Robert Redmond wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, frank scott wrote:
>
>> and as grateful as I am for much that amy goodman has done, still can't
>> forget the wretched job she did interviewing clinton, for which she
>> became a heroine among the naive and gullible...he walked all over her,
>> made her seem like a monica-with-mike, and she was treated like some
>> joan of arc of radio for being so courageous or something...barf...
>
>What are you talking about? That interview rocked. It's the only, I
>repeat, only time I've *ever* heard Bubba Bill blow up at an
>interviewer.

But she couldn't really challenge anything he said, because she's just well-informed enough. I thought that Clinton kicked her around the block - and answering questions that he'd probably never been asked before. I only read the transcript, and didn't listen to the audio, but I bet he even sounded better than her; his speech is rather fluent and pleasing, and hers can sound like broken glass. The miracle of the interview is that she managed to keep him on the line for 30 minutes; tenacity does have its virtues. But so does knowing what you're talking about.

Doug