FW: Why India needs transgenic crops

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Jul 31 10:21:38 PDT 2002

Ulhas, you are describing why the rush to urbanization creates so much difficulty. In the countryside, people should be able to have access to land [meaning that it is physically easier than in urban areas, not that the poor would have access to a tiny plot], they would not need the infrastructure, such as transportation which takes 3 hours. I am not advocating that all the work be pushed onto the women.

I was only answering your earlier question about whether organic farming could feed everybody.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901