Pat Buchanan, apologist for terror

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 1 14:10:36 PDT 2002

First, I wouldn't accept your false alternative of "see[ing] any problems here" (i.e., apparently, agreeing with you on fascism, populism, Buchanan, Vidal, and Nader) or taking a bromide ("enemy of...").

Second, unable to plumb the full depths of Buchanan's iniquitous motives (or indeed those of others with whom I find myself in agreement), I'm reduced to agreeing or disagreeing with what he says. I find the position that he puts forward here more cogent than that of soi-disant progressives on this list who contend that "the war (or heavy duty police action) on al Qaeda is just." --CGE