Question for Liza about Palestinian Solidarity Activism at OSU

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Sat Jun 1 16:23:39 PDT 2002

Liza Featherstone wrote:

> Hey Yoshie. Snehal Shingavi told me -- or at least I understood him to say
> -- that the ISO was involved in Palestine organizing on all those campuses,
> but he didn't -- speaking as an ISO member -- "take credit" for that
> organizing, on the contrary. And I, by what I wrote, did not mean to give
> them credit either, in the sense that I did not mean to imply that they were
> the sole force at all of those schools.
>
> That said, if the ISO is not at ALL involved in Palestine organizing on OSU
> campus, or not at all playing a "strong role," then I was misinformed, and
> would certainly ask the Nation to print a correction if OSU activists wanted
> one. ISO people don't tend to be closeted -- one of their virtues, in my
> opinion -- so it sounds like I may have screwed up. Write to me offlist and
> we'll figure it out

I wouldn't be surprised if the ISO was involved with Palestine organizing on campuses. The ISO has always found college campuses to be easy picking for their brand of left evangelism. They jump on top of whatever the protest cause of the moment happens to be. Their manipulation of the student anti-war movement blew up in their faces, so, if they've learned anything, they might be keeping their profile pretty low.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)