Question for Liza about Palestinian Solidarity Activism at OSU

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 2 09:45:42 PDT 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>Is there anyone other than Chuck0 and Joe (and maybe DP, KW, & MPu)
>who see a problem in the above?

Not me. I wouldn't join the ISO, but I respect what they do, and personally like many of its members I've come to know. They're open about who they are, and they're very open to listening to and working with other individuals and groups. And, from having just spoken with Liza, who wrote the book on USAS <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Sweatshops.html>, I can say that calls within the group for greater structure and organization were not the result of the ISO's Leninism - there were lots of other people who supposed the idea too. Organization doesn't equal Leninism, though lots of anarchists seem to think it does.

Doug