waiting for Mr. Rich

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Jun 3 13:12:32 PDT 2002

At 03:49 PM 06/03/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> >Gee, don't they have more obviously pressing issues to analyze in
> >_Jerusalem_ than the US marriage rate???
>
>I'm guessing we've got better stats for the econogeeks to play with.

What puzzled me was the thesis that women are not getting married because they're waiting for a rich guy. Maybe they're not getting married because they can make it on their own. Marrying rich is not necessarily a solution. I know a woman who is married to a mucky-muck exec (who makes millions). She makes about 100,000 a year. They live in a house with a $5000.00 monthly mortgage. Guess how they split the mortgage: she pays half and he pays half. Not much advantage to that.

Joanna