Why not emigrate?

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Jun 3 15:28:57 PDT 2002

What does love your country mean? Should I also love my state or my county? Should I have more affection for somebody who lives in California and somebody who resides in New York? What does it mean to think something less of somebody -- less enough to go to war against him -- just because he lives somewhere else? If I am to think less of him because of geography, why not extend that same principle to race?

I can appreciate accomplishments of the people of United States, just as I can think ill of actions of which I disapprove.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu