Loren Goldner adds to website

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 4 18:13:56 PDT 2002

[from the realm of Marxian theory]

Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 18:51:59 -0400 Subject: New Web Site Postings From: "Loren Goldner" <lrgoldner at earthlink.net>

This is to let you know that, thanks to the wonders of scanning technology, I am in the process of adding various pre-computer, pre-Internet writings going back to the 1970's (as well as some more recent ones) to my web site Break Their Haughty Power

<http://home.earthlink.net/~lrgoldner>

As many of you know, the site has been fallow for some time.

This posting process is by no means complete. Some of the texts are so old that I no longer completely agree with them (!) but where necessary and appropriate I am inserting small disclaimers at the beginning, explaining what I consider valid and no longer valid. At the very bottom of the home page are true "opera minora", i.e. book reviews, which were often written to obtain free books, make polemical points, and to help save some worthy books from total oblivion. There reviews were published in obscure left and academic journals whose general world view, to put it mildly, I did not share. Readers should keep in mind that my guideline was "you don't always have to say everything you think just as long as you never say anything you don't think". This will explain, to some demanding comrades, the milder, less than fully r-r-revolutionary tone in some cases.

In addition to previously unposted texts, a number of new translations have recently become available in Korean, Russian, Czech, French and German.

In the new few weeks, I hope to add a 1983 study of the non-formation of a working-class party in American history, my 400-page study of Herman Melville, and other texts still consigned to the "gnawing critique of the mice".

Loren