The Corporation and Test Acts

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Tue Jun 4 22:03:47 PDT 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, michael pugliese wrote:
> Michael Pugliese, who has worn a suit and tie, like a dozen times,
> max...calls ties, "corporate chockholds..."

Ah, well. I wear a suit and tie rather infrequently, but enough to warrant a couple of good suits none the less.

Corporate chokeholds is a new one for me. I've heard two quips with respect to ties:

1) A former co-worker of mine calls ties love handles. Why? It gives your boss something to hold onto when you're kissing their ass.

2) Another former co-worker (see a trend here?) says that the reason consultants wear ties is to cut off the oxygen to their brain and make them as dumb as regular staff :).

I like the first. Actually, I like them both. Different audiences, though.

m.